This month's Meetup was the first "Real Estate Investing Haves & Wants, Problems & Solutions" and kicked off one of the ways we are looking to share value and foster it with others.
How The Meetup Works
At each Meetup, attendees sign in on an iPad to share if they...
- "Have" something that may be of interest to a group of Real Estate Investors. Such as:
- Do you have a Note
- A property listing
- A property under contract
- Tax Liens
- and more
- These are examples of Haves
- "Want" something that other people interested in Real Estate may have. Such as:
- Looking to Joint Venture with someone
- Find a property
- Recommendations with new Technology
- and more
- These are examples of Wants
- "Problems" is there a desire for more information or options with obstacles you are facing that others who invest in Real Estate may be able to help. Such as:
- Experiences with Airbnb Rentals
- Learning about a specific area of Real Estate Investing
- Finding service providers
- and more...
- These are examples of Problems
- "Solutions" to the Problems we want to help you find with either our resources or better yet, other attendees to the Meetup.
After the Meetup, we send out an email exclusively for those who attend (or have attended an event before) to share each of these areas of interest with each other's contact information if the attendee chooses to share their email.
We hope by doing this, it helps make post-Meetup more productive and of value.
Topics Overheard And Discussed This Month
Below is a summary of what we heard being talked about and what others were asking questions.
If you attended and wanted more information, please contact us here .
People were sharing experiences of their own with non-performing notes and other Meetups such as The Note Assistance Programwhere some attendees have been members of and joined.
There was also a great discussion about how sell notes and how to find options with notes for investment.
Airbnb Rental Experiences
Some attendees were looking at ways they could not only take advantage of Airbnb as an option with their rental property but how to create other exit strategies if Airbnb rentals become unavailable per the city changing their laws.
Mobile Home Investing
Great discussion about how to flip a mobile home, how-to create a note, and where others can find out more information.
We have learned a great deal attending Meetups to learn more about this very topic as well. One of those Meetups is made possible by Andy Teasley and his partners here).
The Master Lease
Later in the Meetup, this was a topic that became of interest. We attempted to explain what the Master Lease is. Here is a link to a Bigger Pockets post which can better explain.
Next Months Meetup
We have our Meetups on the first Saturday of each month at The Library A Coffee House 3418 E Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90803from 8:00 am - 10:00 am PST.
You can RSVP for next months Meetup here, and we would love it if you brought another person who is interested in Real Estate Investing to share and learn from one another.
We look forward to meeting new people and seeing our new friends again!