August 2017 Meetup was the second "Real Estate Investing Haves & Wants, Problems & Solutions" and continued one of the ways we are looking to share value and foster it with others.
We doubled in attendance from our first meetup and the group as a whole is growing at 71 members to date 👍
Topics Overheard And Discussed This Month
Below is a summary of what we heard being talked about and what others were asking questions.
If you attended and wanted more information, please contact us here .
There was a healthy discussion of non-performing notes and how they can be purchased and sold.
You can connect with those in attendance who had shared information about that area of investing.
There was also a great discussion about how sell notes and how to find options with notes for investment.
How To Learn MORE
There were fresh faces with great motivation to get started with investing in real estate but wanted some resources on where to learn more without hype, fluff or guru costs. For those who know, we immediately recommended Bigger Pockets Podcast.
Brand New Rental Property
One attendee was so motivated they were ready to go to a new state and give buy and hold a shot. We offered a list of watch-outs and steered towards the Bigger Pockets Bigger Pockets Podcast to get more details to make informed decisions to move forward strategically.
More With Mobile Home Investing
How to get started with learning the ropes and why we share the information we have been able to accrue.
- The best way to learn we recommend is attending Andy's Teasley's Meetup groups, reading the Lonnie Scruggs books and visiting HCD website.
- We share information because it was freely shared with us and we believe in paying it forward.
Links To Share
Topics that were discussed at this meeting that was also discussed at the previous meeting.
Here is a collection of links to more information on those continuing topics.
- Master Lease link to a Bigger Pockets post
- Mobile home investing Andy Teasley and his partners here
- Note Buying Education The Note Assistance Program
How The Meetup Works
At each Meetup, attendees sign in on an iPad to share if they...
- "Have" something that may be of interest to a group of Real Estate Investors. Such as:
- Do you have a Note
- A property listing
- A property under contract
- Tax Liens
- and more
- These are examples of Haves
- "Want" something that other people interested in Real Estate may have. Such as:
- Looking to Joint Venture with someone
- Find a property
- Recommendations with new Technology
- and more
- These are examples of Wants
- "Problems" is there a desire for more information or options with obstacles you are facing that others who invest in Real Estate may be able to help. Such as:
- Experiences with Airbnb Rentals
- Learning about a specific area of Real Estate Investing
- Finding service providers
- and more...
- These are examples of Problems
- "Solutions" to the Problems we want to help you find with either our resources or better yet, other attendees to the Meetup.
After the Meetup, we send out an email exclusively for those who attend (or have attended an event before) to share each of these areas of interest with each other's contact information if the attendee chooses to share their email.
We hope by doing this, it helps make post-Meetup more productive and of value.
Next Months Meetup
We have our Meetups on the first Saturday of each month at The Library A Coffee House 3418 E Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90803 from 8:00 am - 10:00 am PST.
You can RSVP for next months Meetup here, and we would love it if you brought another person who is interested in Real Estate Investing to share and learn from one another.
We look forward to meeting new people and seeing our new friends again!