Does anyone have the crystal ball? What is going to happen with the market in 2019?
During our December 2018 Meetup we talked about what we look for when buying an investment property.
We do not endorse or recommend any of the links below, this is purely for your information and to do your due diligence.
At the start of each Meetup, we offer a "Have's and Want's" for attendees. Please check your email recap for a downloadable list of what attendees offered.
Key items we discussed at our Meetup.
- What are some of the critical buying criteria?
- Population growth
- Job growth
- Diversified economy
- Landlord friendly
- In the right part of the market cycle
More buying criteria touch points.
- In no particular order
- Buy in an area where the medium employment is 35,000 or higher
- Population growth
- Crime rate
- Low tax ?
- Easy eviction state
- Meets the %2 rule ?
- Did we buy it for less then its worth = one exit strategy
- Weather ?
- Fortune 500 companies
- Minimum rent for a house
- Minimum rent for a multi-family
- Is it better to pay more taxes ?
Helpful links to more information that were shared.
- Bigger Pockets Podcast 87
- Cash Flow Savvy Birmingham, Alabama, click here for PDF
- Rich Blocks Poor Blocks
- Bigger Pockets Podcast 282, listen at 47 minutes.
- Bigger Pockets Podcast 279, listen at 15 minutes.
- Bls.gov (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- CityData.com (the site has been updated to usa.com)
Please Do Your Due Diligence Disclaimer
We recommend to always do your due diligence on those you may want to work with on a deal. We have created this Meetup to share knowledge and opportunities, and we are do not endorse attendee sand as such use your best judgment and look into the background of those you are considering working with.
Next Months Meetup Agenda
We will be going through what we are looking forward to in 2019.
You can find details about our January Meetup here.
We look forward to seeing you all there!